The theme of TAUKO Magazine Issue No. 2 explores the theme “Kinship” in articles, essays, columns, recommendations and interviews which highlight makers as artists, revolutionaries and designers.
It is a 128-page collectible that comes with four folded paper pattern sheets included with the magazine.
Issue No. 2 includes:
- 10 sewing patterns, including two zero-waste patterns.
- Maker story by New York-based surface designer Dita W. Yolashasanti
- Essay by designer and vintage collector Jesus Herrera
- Column by craftivista Betsy Greer
- Interview with Sámi joik artists Hildá Länsman and Ulla Pirttijärvi
- Article about Gee’s Bend Quilters
- Craft letter from Ankara by Nisan Aktürk
- Book recommendations
SEWING PATTERN DESIGNERS: Elina Vuorema, Fanni Lyytikäinen, Maureen Gleason, Kaisa rissanen, Birgitta Helmersson, Gian Padilla Suarez, Mila Moisio, Mandi Bharij, Adama Amanda Ndiaye
OTHER CREATIVES: Nisan Aktürk, Jesus Herrera, Betsy Greer, Saara Obele, Andini Wijendaru, Dita W. Yolashasanti, Wambui Njuguna-Räisänen, Stacy K. Allen, Hildá länsman, Ulla pirttijärvi, Marja Helander
TAUKO Magazine is a pioneering independent print publication for home sewists around the world. The vast horizon of crafts, culture and climate is featured in sewing patterns, interviews, columns, articles, tips and recommendations by international contributors.
It has its headquarters in Helsinki and Berlin and is founded and published by art researchers, fashion designers, makers, and passionate fighters for planetary wellbeing, Kaisa Rissanen and Mila Moisio.
Its international network of contributors, designers, writers, photographers, and illustrators share the need to bring mindful and beautiful work to the world.