A KAL and a Class for Valkyrie
Last month, Kim's Light of the Valkyrie pattern was released at Knitty.com. The response has been wonderful, so we're having a KAL! And a class, but more about that later in this post.
You still have plenty of time to get your Light of the Valkyrie kits before we start!
Order on our website, or pick one up at one of our upcoming shows:
- Flock Fiber Festival Aug 4-6 in Seattle WA
- Seattle Yarn Trunk Show - Aug 8-13 Seattle WA
- Arts & Sweaters North - Aug 20 at Indigodragonfly Studio, Haliburton ON
LIGHT OF THE VALKYRIE KAL
August 29 through to the end of October.
We've set up three Zoom Meet up sessions, all Tuesdays at 7 pm Eastern
(If you'd prefer a daytime meeting, please email Kim at Kim@indigodragonfly.ca and let her know. With enough interest, we'll set that up) All Zoom sessions will be recorded and available to registrants only for 2 weeks.
August 29 at 7 pm ET
September 12 at 7 pm ET
September 26 at 7 pm ET
Want to make Light of the Valkyrie but feel intimidated? We have a class for you!
In the Light of the Valkyrie Class, you will learn:
- all about yarn and colour choices for this pattern
- tips for working the wave technique and marking charts to make them easier to follow
- how to choose a size and all about ease for this pattern
- how to make bust, sleeve, and body modifications
- creative extras at the left sleeve and at the hemline to make your Valkyrie your own!
- knitting backwards, German short rows, the cable cast on and other techniques that will make this sweater sail off your needles.
2 sessions with a total of 4 hours of instruction
Dates: Wednesday August 30 AND Wednesday September 13 (2 session class)
Choose 1 of 2 time slots:
1-3 pm Eastern or 7-9 pm Eastern
- All sessions will be recorded and will be available for you to download for 2 weeks