What if you had an idea of whether a new garment pattern is right for you, before you cast on? In this workshop, you’ll do just that! We’ll start with a mini version of you, and “try on” garments by sketching every important detail.
Time: 6-8 pm Eastern (3-5 pm Pacific)
Dates: Wednesday November 10 and 24
Questions? Email: email@example.com
It's about using My Body Model croquis and your iPad or tablet to "try on" sweaters, to sketch out sweater ideas, and to even work out modifications you need to make to patterns to make your sweater fit better. We'll start by applying some basic measurements to your croquis, and then will work on some basic landmarking. What is the best hemline or sleeve length for YOU? Where should specific design lines fall on your frame to suit your style?
Then we'll talk about other details: how to draw cables, lace and other design elements; how to bring photos of your yarn into your drawings so that you can also audition yarns.
Note: this class will focus primarily on drawing on a tablet, with some paper work. See Materials list for details.
This is a virtual (Zoom) workshop, with hands-on participation and some homework between sessions.
1) Make a personal croquis (fashion illustration model) of yourself at mybodymodel.com [better], or choose one of the examples in the handout to use.
Discount code for mybodymodel: INDIGODRAGONFLY (case sensitive)
2) Bring images of 2-5 patterns you’d like to make, along with any ease information given for them
WHAT TO BRING
• Your handout
To work on your tablet, you will need:
• Your tablet and a stylus or pencil that works with your tablet
• Digital image of your croquis (mine is in my photos as a jpg)
• Drawing software
- I will be using Procreate (iOS only, in App Store on your iPad), but you can use any drawing programme you’re comfortable with.
Alternate suggestions for Android and iOS:
- Autodesk SketchBook : https://www.autodesk.com/products/sketchbook/free-download
- Adobe Draw or Adobe Sketch:
up to 1 week prior to the workshop: refund of full amount minus a $20 administration fee.
less than 1 week prior to the workshop: no refunds.