February 21 to April 10: Wednesdays, 11 am to 1 pm
Are you a knit or crochet designer who wants to build true size inclusion into your patterns? Then this course is for you.
In this 8- week online course, we'll cover:
- What is Size Inclusion?
- Designing for a wide range of body sizes
- Working and building your own size chart and sizing standards
- Methods of grading for size inclusion
- All about ease and how it pertains to body size
- How to offer excellent sizing guidance in your patterns
- An introduction to working with necklines, shoulders, bust, waist, and hip shaping
- An introduction to sleeve and armhole fit and shaping
- Strategies for adding modification information to your patterns
You will be given practical assignments each week to give you hands on experience in building your size inclusivity skills. Hand in your assignments for constructive feedback on your work!
As part of this course, you will also receive a number of resources including:
- size chart research resources
- input for makers for different size ranges
- croquis (fashion illustration templates) to help with your sketching)
- mini sample patterns to help you learn shaping techniques
Those who complete the coursework will receive a certificate to show they've received training in size inclusive design.
All course videos and materials will be accessible to students forever on this website, so you can refer back to them as needed.
This course will be supplemented by specialized masterclasses to upgrade your skills!